Visa Requirements

The College defines an International Student as someone who is not an Australian citizen or permanent resident or a New Zealand citizen or a permanent visa holder.

Go Back

This definition includes students studying onshore on a range of temporary visas (working holiday visa, tourist visa, student visa etc) or offshore as an online student. Information that applies only to students studying on specific visa classes (e.g. Student Visa) is specified when relevant. All international students at the College pay fees specified for international students, regardless of visa subclass. International students can hold either a student visa or another temporary visa.

Student Visas

Student Visa Subclass Options

The following visa subclasses are accepted for study at the College:

  • Student Visa (subclass 500)
    Applies to a Bachelor of Health Science Degree

Student Visa Requirements

International students studying on a student visa must ensure they meet the conditions of their student visa at all times. Many student visa conditions are directly linked to the Colleges policies and procedures.

Any change to the enrolment of international students must be reported to the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) through the Provider Registration and International Student Management System (PRISMS) and this action may have a direct impact on the student’s visa.

Students studying on a student visa may not undertake less than a full time (100%) study load unless a reduced workload is due to compassionate and compelling circumstances, part of an approved intervention strategy or due to the application of course credit. These students may also only study a maximum of 30% of the total course in online study mode, and must always be enrolled and studying at least one subject / unit of study in face to face mode (on campus).

Students on a student visa can only work up to 40 hours per fortnight when the course is in session (during study periods). Students must also continue to satisfy the criteria for the grant of the visa for the full duration of time in Australia, which includes being able to meet all College fee requirements and living expenses while in Australia (have enough funds to pay for their time in Australia).

Students must inform the College of their residential address in Australia within 7 days of arrival in Australia and of any change to residential address or contact phone number within 7 days of the change throughout their time at the College.

Student visa holders may only study courses registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) at campuses also registered on CRICOS.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for students on a student visa: The student must either provide proof that they have arranged Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or ask the College to arrange this for them. Proof of OSHC is required for the proposed duration of the student visa.

Temporary Visa Holders

Temporary Visa Options

Australian international temporary visas are varied and many subclasses of visa may be eligible to study in Australia. Please confirm with DHA that your visa allows you to study prior to enrolling at the College. The following types of visa may allow you to study in Australia:

  • Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) post-study work stream
  • Employer Sponsored Workers visa (subclass 457)
  • Other Professional and Work visas (various subclasses)
  • Visitor visas (subclass 600) Working Holiday visas (subclass 417 and 462)
  • Retirement visas (subclass 410 only)
  • Medical Treatment visas (subclass 602, 675, 685)
  • Bridging visas (various subclasses)

Other visas not listed above may allow you to study in Australia for a fixed period of time. If you hold another visa and are interested in studying at the College, please check with DHA if you are eligible to study.

Temporary Visa Requirements

Temporary visa holders (students that hold a temporary visa other than a student visa) may enrol in any available course at any campus and may also study part time and online.

Prospective students on a temporary visa (other than a student visa) must provide the College with a copy of their current visa and passport before enrolling at the College.

If the prospective student’s visa does not cover the length of the course, they must provide the College with a statement that explains the way in which they intend to complete the course.

All visa matters are handled by DHA. The College accepts no responsibility if students are unable to complete their course due to complications with visas etc.

Students studying on temporary visas that do not hold a student visa are classified as international students and should refer to the International Student policies and procedures.

Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) for students on other temporary visas: All students are encouraged to arrange Overseas Visitor Health Cover (OVHC) or ask the College to arrange this for them.