Welcome to the start of your studies with Endeavour College of Natural Health!
- about 5 minutes
- 29 July 2019
Now that you're enrolled you will want to prepare yourself for your upcoming study. To assist you in your preparation we recommend reading the below to ensure you're more than ready.
There's also a handy getting started check list which you can download for your reference.
Discover important information regarding your new campus location.
Commencing Student Orientation Webinars
To help familiarise yourself with Endeavour Systems (LMS and Student Portal), we invite you to attend a webinar which will walk you through helpful tips and tricks for Student Success, how to read assessment resources (such as marking guides and subject outlines), how to access help and support and more. This webinar will be delivered by a member of the Student Support Team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have throughout.
Each webinar will be scheduled on the first Thursday of each new online teaching period, as per the dates and times below:
- August 8th, 2019 – 6PM (AEST)
- September 5th, 2019 – 6PM (AEST)
- October 10th, 2019 – 6PM (AEST)
- November 7th, 2019 – 6PM (AEST)
- December 5th, 2019 – 6PM (AEST)
You may register to attend here.
Student Advisers are located on each of our campuses and can assist you with any questions you have, as well as providing specialist support during your studies. You will meet members of your local Student Services team during O-Week.
You can contact a Student Adviser by phoning 1300 462 887 (ext 2) or via email at email@example.com. Student Advisers can assist you with the following:
- Re-enrolment and subject/work load advice
- Personal or Academic issues
- Changes to your course
- Applications of special consideration
- Special individual requirements
- Assistance finding a tutor
- Access and Equity Program
You can also find the answers to common questions on the Student FAQ page.
Student Assistance Program
The Student Assistance Program (SAP) is a 24hr/7 day free confidential counselling service provided by AccessSAP, an independent supplier with the focus on maintaining the mental wellbeing of students.
You can contact SAP on 1800 33 62 07 to assist when personal, family or study issues are impacting on your quality of life. More information can be found at www.accesseap.com.au.
Preparing for the start of semester
In the lead up to the start of semester, commencing students can prepare for their studies by undertaking the following:
- Location: Get to know your local campus by planning your journey.
- Key information: Read the relevant course information, and familiarise yourself with the College's Policies and Procedures and Student Handbook.
- Documentation: Complete your FEE-HELP application on the Student Portal by completing an eCAF (electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form) and providing proof of citizenship to the College.
- Student ID cards: Your student ID card is your proof that you're a student at Endeavour College of Natural Health, and all students (whether you studying online or on campus) must have one. Your card is used for borrowing items from the library, and acts as your identification during examination periods. Visit your local Endeavour Library to receive your ID card.
- Textbooks: The national textbook list outlines the titles relating to each subject and can be purchased online from Endeavour's Wellspring Bookstore or on campus in Brisbane. Semester 1 text book packs are also available for a great discount and you'll have all your books delivered in one go! Wellspring Bookstore offers free shipping to all campuses for collection or you can opt to have them delivered via regular post for a flat rate shipping fee.
Access your Student Portal
The Student Portal is accessed via the Endeavour website and serves all students to enable you to take greater control of your study. Any class cancellations, room changes and special events will be posted on Student Portal for your information. It is recommended that you check Student Portal Noticeboard regularly to keep up to date with any important information relating to your course.
You can log in to Student Portal using your student number as your user ID and your full date of birth (ddmmyyyy) as your Password (if you are logging in for the first time). You can change your password once you've logged on. Student Portal access is available 24 hours after confirmation of your enrolment.
It is important to familiarise yourself with Student Portal as it provides you the ability to:
- Update your personal details
- Change your class times for enrolled subjects
- Re-enrol for each semester of study
- Access your account and pay fees (credit card only)
- Access your academic history and see your final subject grades
- Access forms and resources
- View the student noticeboard which is our way of keeping you informed of what's happening at Endeavour and on your campus.
- Submit a request for assistance for an Academic or Student Services team, or provide the College with formal feedback
Tips for success
- Observe all Endeavour Policies and Procedures including health and safety
- Read the Student Code of Conduct
- Read the Course & Subject Viability Policy
- Ensure you have the minimum system requirements to access the LMS
- Check Student Portal regularly for communications from Student Services
- Familiarise yourself with the resources available to you on Student Portal, LMS, and Libguides
- Enrol into the free Enabling Courses on the LMS
- Keep a copy of your student calendar and make a note of your intake/s census dates
- If you can't find what you're looking for - contact us by phone, email, or in person - we're here to help!