Endeavour College of Natural Health is offering scholarships for secondary school leavers and school gap year students from 17-19 years of age (in year of application) seeking a career in the natural health and wellness sector. This includes a scholarship for those students identifying as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander. This is for students that are looking to commence full time study in Semester 1,2019 at any one of our six campuses in Australia.
- 3 minutes
- 10 October 2018
The recipients of these scholarships will have the ability to act as a student role model and college ambassador to promote our courses to school leavers.
If you are successful, Endeavour will cover a portion of your tuition fees for the duration of your course* in any one of our leading Bachelor of Health Science degree programs in Naturopathy, Nutritional and Dietetic Medicine, Acupuncture, Myotherapy and our online Bachelor of Complementary Medicine.
(*This equates to 4 credit points worth of study each semester).
We are looking for students that:
- Demonstrate academic achievement in the sciences, specifically chemistry and biology
- Proven extra-curricular and community involvement through secondary school
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Genuinely passionate about pursuing a career in natural health
To be eligible for scholarship you must:
- Be aged between 17-19 (in year of application) and have been awarded your Year 12 certificate
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples of Australia.
- Be turning 18 within six months of commencing study with Endeavour College of Natural Health. Prospective students under the age of 18 must have their enrolment paper work witnessed by a parent or guardian
- Be able to commit a full time study load up to 24 hours per week during each semester
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence in your secondary school results, specifically science subjects (Chemistry, Biology)
- Be genuinely passionate about pursuing a career in natural health
- The recipient must be able to commit to full time, on campus study for Bachelor of Health Science degrees except for online only subjects or full time online study for the Bachelor of Complementary Medicine for the relevant teaching period
- The Scholarship place is not transferable to other courses
- The Scholarship recipients must meet all course admission requirements as per the College's Admissions Policy
- Scholarship recipients must sign and agree to the scholarship contract. The scholarship place may be withdrawn if the contract terms are not met
- Scholarship winners must maintain a grade point average of "credit" or higher, fulfil the expected course load during the year and are required to represent the College at agreed internal and external events in the capacity of an Ambassador to the College
- Be prepared to represent the college as an ambassador at internal and external events and happy to be included in promotional material as a scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted in full by Friday 19 October 2018
Application and selection process
Step 1: Register your interest in applying for a 2019 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship for School Leavers and Gap Year Students.
Step 2: Upon confirmation of your registration you will receive details on how to apply online. As part of your application you will be asked to answer a number of questions and submit a short essay. References from teachers and schools will need to be provided – so get that ready in advance! Applications close on Friday 19 October 2018.
Step 3: The Scholarship Review Panel will determine the most worthy applicants based on demonstrated academic achievement in the sciences and extra-curricular involvement through secondary school, good communication skills, a documented passion for the natural health industry and ability to act as a student role model and college ambassador.
Finalists will be invited to a Skype interview the week commencing 12 November 2018 and pending ATAR results, successful recipients will be announced by Friday 4 January 2019.