This recipe was originally published in Hayley's eBook, Raw Karma Stripped. Stripped is available on raw-karma.com and contains 30+ raw vegan whole food dessert recipes.
- Food processor
- Rectangle brownie tin
|Base||Peanut butter layer||‘Jelly’ layer|
- Line a square or rectangle baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- To make the base, blitz the nuts, cacao powder and salt in a food processor for 15 seconds then add the dates and continue to process until doughy.
- Press the base mixture firmly on the bottom of the cake tin,
- Blend all of the peanut butter layer ingredients except for the coconut oil until smooth. Add coconut oil and blend again until the mixture well combined.
- Pour the peanut butter layer on top of the base and set in the freezer for 3+ hours.
- To make the chia ‘jelly’ layer, blitz all of the ingredients in a blender and place in a bowl in the fridge and allow to thicken whilst the peanut butter layer sets.
- Spread the chia jam evenly on top of the peanut butter layer, sprinkle over chopped peanuts, raspberries and raw chocolate then place back into the fridge for a few hours to set.
- Slice into desired portions to serve.
Hayley Richards is a plant-based nutritionist, author, raw chef and founder of raw foods catering business Raw Karma that supplies food to clients, businesses and events.
Related recipes articles
These crispy fritters make a beautiful light meal; serve with a poached egg for breakfast or with a salad for lunch or dinner. They can easily be stored in the fridge for a healthy snack but they are most delicious when served hot and crispy from the pan.
A great way to use up your stash of juicy mangos is to make this quick veggie Mango Curry, it's perfect for Summer as it puts a spin on the classic red curry flavours.
Packed with warming and healing anti-inflammatory spices, these flavour-packed bliss balls make the perfect snack for when you need a boost of energy, especially during the cooler months. A great source of long-lasting complex carbohydrates to fuel your body, healthy fats to boost brain power and plant protein to keep you satisfied until your next meal, as well as an abundance of vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants to nourish the body, mind and soul. Yum!