Calendula is the star ingredient in this recipe, with its resins being used traditionally to stimulate skin healing. Vitamin E found naturally in sweet almond oil supports this process. The rest of the ingredients are just for fun, and deliver an aromatic final product that smells like holidays and being snuggled up by the fireplace.
1. Using a coffee or spice grinder, process the calendula petals until fine.
2. Place oil, powdered petals, orange peel, cloves, and crushed cinnamon sticks into a blender.
3. Process for 20-30 seconds.
4. Pour into a clean, sterile glass jar and replace lid.
5. Place jar in a cool, dark place for two weeks.
6. Strain oil through muslin and discard solids.
7. Pour oil into a freshly sterilised, amber glass jar or bottle.
8. Store in the fridge and use within 2-3 months.
Note: There is no such thing as too little or too much with this body oil. Just apply it to skin as you like. As always with organic remedies, keep refrigerated and keep an eye out for spoilage. Always patch test before use.
Autumn is approaching and the change of season can sometimes be a challenge to our health. Give your immune system the best chance of staying in good shape by adding these quick and easy immunity gummies to your day.
Who doesn't love a smoothie bowl during Summer? With so many combos and flavours to experiment with, this one sneaks in some extra veggies that are bound to make it a hit. Top it with your favourite fruits and other crunchy things like cereal and nuts to give you a more satisfying start to the day than a regular smoothie (because you can't down it 10 seconds!).