Nutrition expert Gina Rose shares one of her favourite raw dessert recipes - strawberry tartlets.
Makes 15 tartlets
one tsp coconut oil
one cup almonds
five medjool dates (pitted)
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
one tbsp raw cacao powder
a good pinch of salt
one tsp vanilla essence (the real stuff)
one tbsp peanut butter
one tbsp water
ten strawberries and three extra for the top, washed and hulled
1/2 cup raw cashews
one tbsp coconut oil (melted)
two tbsp maple syrup (the real stuff)
one tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla (the real stuff)
- Grease a mini muffin tin with the coconut oil, set aside
- Place the almonds into a food processor and blend until reasonably smooth
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined
- Press mixture into each mini muffin tin so that the bottom and sides are covered, forming a little cup
- Place the cashews into a blender and blend into a fine crumb
- Add remaining ingredients (except the three extra strawberries for decoration) and blend until a smooth strawberry cream is formed
- Dice the three remaining strawberries, set aside
- Spoon the strawberry filling into the pre-prepared almond cups and top with the diced strawberries and pomegranate
- Allow to set in freezer for at least two hours before serving
They keep in the freezer for when visitors pop in.
Indulgence is part of the health equation. Enjoy treats that will serve your health rather than take away from it.
Gina Rose x
Gina is a Brisbane-based clinical nutritionist and lover of wholesome food with a real passion for using the power of nature to heal the body. Gina is a practitioner specialising in women’s health, including hormonal issues and fertility.
Related archived articles
Emotional intelligence expert Cynthia Norton shares her insights into emotional fitness and why it is a skill worth cultivating
Self-love is a crucial ingredient to health and wellbeing. Learning to love and embrace every part of ourselves not only fills us with confidence, it leaves space in our minds for more productive thoughts, propelling us towards a happier and more fulfilled existence.
Endeavour College of Natural Healthendeavourcollege
A restaurant in Amsterdam is pushing the boundaries by encouraging diners to disconnect from the world and rediscover themselves.