Projects are available for between 6-10 weeks over the summer break and do not contribute credit towards degree requirements.
Students have the opportunity to choose a research project based on an available project list from the Office of Research.
The Endeavour Student Summer Research Program is open to undergraduate students who:
- Are currently enrolled at greater than or equal to 50% full time load in an undergraduate degree at the College
- Have completed at least one year of study
- A recent alumni graduate (course completion in the same calendar year as commencement of summer program)
- Are studying for a degree relevant to the research project
- Have achieved a grade point average of 5.5 or above during their undergraduate degree
- Have the potential to and interest in undertaking postgraduate study (masters or PhD), and
- Are able to demonstrate a high level of English language proficiency
There are two Endeavour Summer Research Scholarships available to students who are successfully awarded into the Program. The Scholarships involve a weekly scholarship to the value of $300 to help cover living costs. In addition, those awarded the Scholarships and are required to travel interstate to work on their chosen research project may also be eligible for a travel scholarship of $500 (once off scholarship).
Call for Research mentors: Monday 14 May 2018
Call for Research mentors applications close: Monday 18 June 2018
Announcement for call for student applications: Monday 16 July 2018
Student applications open: Monday 13 August 2018
Student applications close: Friday 14 September 2018
Announcement of application results: Friday 12 October 2018
Commencement of Program: November – December 2018 (negotiable)
For more information, please contact the Office of Research at email@example.com.