Projects are available for between 6-10 weeks over the summer break (from mid-November 2016 to mid-February 2017) and do not contribute credit towards degree requirements.
Students have the opportunity to choose a research project based on an available project list from the Office of Research.
The Endeavour Student Summer Research Program is open to undergraduate students who:
- Are currently enrolled at greater than or equal to 50% full time load in an undergraduate degree at the College
- Have completed at least one year of study
- A recent alumni graduate (course completion in the same calendar year as commencement of summer program)
- Are studying for a degree relevant to the research project
- Have achieved a grade point average of 5.5 or above during their undergraduate degree
- Have the potential to and interest in undertaking postgraduate study (masters or PhD), and
- Are able to demonstrate a high level of English language proficiency
An Endeavour Summer Research Scholarship ($300 per week) is available to successful applicants to help cover living costs. Students who need to travel interstate to work on their chosen research project may also be eligible for a travel scholarship of $500.
Student applications open: Wednesday 31 August 2016
Student applications close: Wednesday 21 September 2016
Announcement of application results: Wednesday 19 October 2016
Commencement of Program: November – December 2016 (negotiable)