School leavers aged between 17 and 19 years of age (at time of application) that are seeking a career in the natural health sector are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful, Endeavour will cover the full cost of tuition fees for one of our leading Bachelor of Health Science degrees in either Naturopathy (4 years) or Nutritional and Dietetic Medicine (3 years).
This scholarship is for students commencing full time study in February 2018 at any one of our six campuses around Australia. This will include a bursary of $500 per student for the first year to cover the cost of text books through Wellspring Bookstore and some tutoring assistance if required.
We are looking for students that have:
- Above average academic ability in the Sciences (Chemistry or Human Biology)
- Good communication skills
- Ability to represent Endeavour as an ambassador at internal and external events
- Demonstrated contribution to community service and/or social justice
Applications for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Year 12 School Leavers and Gap Year Students are now closed and will re-open mid-year 2018 for those students looking to study in 2019.
To be eligible for scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples of Australia. The applicant will be required to submit a confirmation of Aboriginality
- Applicants must be graduating from year 12 in 2017 (or gap year student) and be aged 17 and 19 years of age, within year of application, and have graduated with Year 12 high school certificate or equivalent
- Demonstrate academic achievement in Human Biology or Chemistry at school
- Demonstrate a genuine passion for a career in the natural health industry
- Be prepared to represent the college as an ambassador at internal and external events and happy to be included in promotional material as a scholarship recipient.
- Scholarship application must be submitted fully online in full by 27 November 2017
- As Endeavour is a direct entry college no ATAR/OP is required but you will be required to attend an interview with admissions prior to conditional scholarship being finalised
- Graduated from year 12 with a high school certificate
- Studied Biology and/or Chemistry at school
- Be able to commit to full time on campus study up to 24 hours per week
- Be turning 18 within six months of commencing study with Endeavour College from February 2018
- The scholarship recipient must meet all course admissions requirements as per College’s Admission Policy
- Scholarship recipients must sign and agree to the scholarship contract. The scholarship place may be withdrawn if the terms and conditions are not met
Students applying for, or in receipt of, Australian Government benefits through Centrelink, such a youth allowance or AUSTUDY, should seek advice from Centrelink on how the receipt of a scholarship will impact on their Centrelink benefits.
Application and selection process
Step 1: Register your interest in applying for a 2018 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Scholarship for School Leavers and Gap Year Students.
Step 2: Upon confirmation of your registration you will receive details on how to apply online. As part of your application you will be asked to answer a number of questions and submit a short essay. References from teachers and schools will need to be provided – so get that ready in advance! Applications close on 27 November 2017.
Step 3: The Scholarship Review Panel will determine the most worthy applicants based on:
- Demonstrated academic ability
- Financial, domestic or personal disadvantage will be taken into consideration
- Extracurricular involvement through secondary school
- Good communication skills
- A documented passion for the natural health industry, and ability to act as a student role model and College Ambassador
Finalists will be invited to a Skype interview in December, and successful recipients will be announced on 15 December 2017.