Articulation relates to students who have studied or are currently studying a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification. If you have studied or are studying a Higher Education (HE) degrees, please refer to the Credit Transfer page.
Articulation takes into account the comparability and equivalence of the:
- Units of competency studied to the HE subject learning outcomes
- Volume of learning
- Program of study, including content
- Learning and assessment approaches, and
- The currency of the Registered Training Organisation (RTO) qualification studied falls within the Educational Pathways Policy timeframe of eight years
Advanced standing limit
When setting advanced standing recognition limits for a student with an Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) qualification towards a higher level AQF qualification in the same or related discipline, Endeavour will take into account the relevant points above and these AQF minimum requirements:
- 50% advanced standing for an Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree linked to a three year Bachelor Degree
- 37.5% advanced standing for an Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree linked to a four year Bachelor Degree
- 33% advanced standing for a Diploma linked to a three year Bachelor Degree
- 25% advanced standing for a Diploma linked to a four year Bachelor Degree
At no time will Endeavour confer advanced standing for more than 67% of one of its degrees. This means that the maximum advanced standing possible toward a three year degree (96 credits) is 63 credits (two years). The maximum advanced standing possible toward a four year degree (128 credits) is 85 credits (a little more than two and a half years).
Applying for articulation
The process for articulation is outlined in the Articulation Procedure. The student must supply appropriate information as outlined in the Articulation Application Form.
Application for advanced standing must be made at least 20 days prior to census date of the relevant subject to permit processing, decision making and communication of the result. In general students are advised to make an advanced standing application immediately after enrolling.
Email your completed application form and academic transcripts/statement of attainment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appealing a decision
If the Applicant thinks the articulation process was not handled in accordance with Endeavour's Educational Pathways policies or the above-mentioned guidelines, they may appeal the outcome through the College's grievance process. Refer to Grievance Policy.