1300 462 887

Student FAQ

Timetables and calendars

Timetables and Calendars for each teaching period can be found in the Student Portal. The Timetable Explorer within the Portal serves to provide you with timetable options for selected subjects to create a suitable timetable. You must then go to the Manage Enrolment section on the Portal to complete your enrolment.

On Campus

* Please note: Due to the 2018 Commonwealth Games, a modified Semester 1 calendar for Endeavour's Gold Coast campus will be in effect.


Deferred Exams

  • Students can apply for a deferred examination if they are unable to sit an examination due to medical or reasons outlined on the Deferred Examination Application form
  • Only examinations worth 15% or more of the final grade can be deferred
  • Applications for a deferred examination must be lodged with supporting documentation to Student Services within 3 business days of the scheduled examination date
  • Please note that the deferred exam dates and times are non-negotiable.
  • Misreading the timetable is not a valid reason for granting a deferred examination

What is the Student Code of Conduct?

The Student Code of Conduct aims to foster Endeavour values and encourage active engagement between the College and the student body within the contexts of professional practice, teaching and learning, research and the life of the College community.

Download the Student Code of Conduct

The purpose of this Code of Conduct that underpins the Endeavour student experience is to define the partnership that exists between students, the staff who teach them and the broader College community. This code outlines what it means to be student member of the Endeavour community and student responsibilities and expectations.

When are the graduation ceremonies?

Graduation Ceremonies are held for students at each of Endeavour's locations. The dates for the 2018 ceremonies are:

Brisbane: Wednesday 18 April 2018
Gold Coast: Friday 4 May 2018
Melbourne: Wednesday 9 May 2018
Adelaide: Friday 18 May 2018
Perth: Friday 25 May 2018
Sydney: Friday 1 June 2018

Eligible students for 2018 graduations will receive information on applying to graduate and registration details for their local ceremony in the new year.

How do I defer my course?

You can defer your course for a period of 12 months. Deferment is actioned at the end of a teaching period before enrolling into any further subjects. If you are enrolled into subjects and decide to defer your course for 6-12 months, you will first need to withdraw from your subjects via completion of an Add Drop Swap form. Cancellation fees are payable depending on the time of withdrawal. Deferment can then occur after completing a Variation of Course Form. For more information please view the Deferral and Withdrawal Policy - Higher Education.

How do I apply to graduate?

Once you successfully pass all subjects within your course you can apply to graduate by completing the online form via the Student Portal - Resources & Links. On receipt of your request, if you have met all requirements and successfully completed all subjects and or units of competency, you will receive a Completion Letter and an Academic Record in the mail confirming your eligibility to graduate. This Record is sufficient for you to apply for membership to the relevant association/s. Awards will be issued after they have been conferred by College Council as per usual academic practice. College Council meetings are held every 6-8 weeks.

How can I request a copy of my academic transcript?

Students receive a free copy of their official documentation upon graduation. Current and past students, or requests for re-issue will incur a $25.00 cost per re-issue request. Postage and handling charges apply.

Please allow a minimum of 7-10 working days from the processing of this form for receipt of your Transcript and ensure you have provided the correct postal address.

Please complete the Request for Academic Documentation Form and return to Student Services at your local campus.

When do I get the result for my online subjects?

The result release dates for each online intake are published on the Online Calendar on your Student Portal under Resources & Links.

Can I complete my exam externally?

If you live over 100km from an Endeavour College of Natural Health campus you can apply to sit your examination via external invigilation. Please contact your local student services team for details on how to apply. All applications must be submitted more than 30 days prior to your scheduled examination date.

When is the final exam for my online subject?

The exact final exam date and time will be posted on The Loop in LMS about 6 weeks before the exam date. The exam weeks are listed on the Online Calendar on your Student Portal under Resources & Links.

How do I apply for an extension for an assessment?

I need to defer my exam: Please complete a deferred assessment form within 3 days of the exam date and return this to your local Student Services with supporting documentation.

Written Assignment extension: Please complete an assignment extension form available on the Student Portal before the due date and return the completed form to your lecturer.

The College encourages 100% attendance for all classes, although it is not compulsory for many subjects. However, Clinic subjects have a 100% attendance requirement. The attendance and participation required in clinics includes students being able to actively engage in client consultations and treatments. Students can miss up to the equivalent one full week of scheduled clinic sessions (depending on the credit points of the clinic subject). Students should make every attempt to make up any missed sessions before the end of the semester by completing the Application for clinic make up. Please view the Attendance Policy- Higher Education for more details.

How do I get in touch with a counsellor?

Endeavour has a Student Assistance Program (SAP) which provides a professional and confidential counselling service at no cost to you for up to 3 sessions. This service connects you to qualified and independent counsellors available 24/7 on 1800 336 207.

I am experiencing circumstances that are affecting my studies, what can I do?

If you have personal experiences that are impacting on your studies you can apply for special circumstances to receive special consideration that can result in assessment extensions, deferred examinations, additional clinic make up sessions and remittance of FEE-HELP debt. Applications of special circumstance are accepted by Student Services supported with a Statutory Declaration and medical, legal or other documentation. Please view the special circumstance policy for further information. Applications that do not meet the guidelines for special circumstance will be denied by the Director of Student Services or appropriate Program Leader.

How can I access support for my diagnosed medical condition or disability?

Each Endeavour Campus has a dedicated Access and Equity officer who can sit down and have a talk with you to discuss your personal study needs and put in place a reasonable adjustment plan to support you during your studies with us. For information on the inherent course requirements for each qualification please contact your local Access and Equity officer by requesting assistance via the Student Portal.

I am struggling with one of my subjects – Where can I get some help?

Submit a request for assistance via the Student Portal. Please indicate Academic Assistance as your area of enquiry. Your local Student Advisers will book an appointment for one-on-one tutoring with your lecturer. Student Services will also be able to let you know if there are specific tutorial times available for your subject on campus.

What can Student Services help me with?

Everything from enrolment to graduation- re-enrolment, withdrawal, course/progression advice, explanation of policy, assistance with forms, special circumstances, deferral of exams.

How do I access my Endeavour student email?

  1. Go to www.gmail.com
  2. Enter studentnumber@eweb.endeavour.edu.au as the username
  3. Enter your date of birth as the password (e.g. 30121991)

How do I get my student card?

Visit your local library with a form of photo identification to receive your student card. You need a student card to sit any examinations held on campus and to borrow resources from your local Endeavour library.

How do I apply for FEE-HELP to fund my studies?

Before your first census date you are required to submit an electronic Commonwealth Assistance Form (eCAF) via the Student Portal, FEE-HELP menu option. Please bring proof of Australian Citizenship to your nearest campus in the form of your Australian Birth Certificate, Citizenship Certificate or valid Australian Passport. This documatation must be completed before census date so that your tuition fees can be allocated to a FEE-HELP debt at the census date for each intake of study you enrol into. Please visit www.studyassist.gov.au for more information.

Where do I go for help?

  • Assistance & Feedback: On your Student Portal, you can request assistance using the Assistance & Feedback function. You can request timetable assistance, academic assistance, provide feedback, or request other assistance.
  • For help with enrolment or other issues, speak to Student Services on campus, or request assistance through your Student Portal under Assistance & Feedback For help with an online subject, email your online tutor using the Message My Teacher function in the top right corner of the subject on the LMS
  • For help with an on campus subject, speak to your lecturer on campus or email your lecturer using the Message My Teacher function in the top right corner of the subject on the LMS.

How do I get in touch with Student Services to speak with a Student Adviser?

What is the Student Portal?

The Student Portal is your administration site. Anything to do with your enrolment history, results and notices from the College can be found on the Student Portal. You can view the year’s timetables, access forms and policies, pay fees, submit a request for assistance and submit feedback.

What is the LMS?

Learning Management Site. Here you’ll find all of your course information relating to your online subjects. On the LMS you can access course materials, submit assignments, contact lecturer/tutor, view subject outlines and access a range of support tools.

For any LMS queries, please email online@endeavour.edu.au or call 1300 051 429 to speak with our online help desk team.

What determines part time and full time study load?

Part time study load is at least 50% of a full time credit point load for subjects attributed to a given semester of study, including subjects taken online. The number of credit points and contact hours making up this load will vary depending on the course enrolled in. Please refer to your course structure, which also shows the Austudy % per subject.

Full time study load required for Austudy is usually 75% or 18 hours of study (Bachelor of Health Science- Acupuncture, Myotherapy, Naturopathy, and Nutritional & Dietetic Medicine).

How do I withdraw from a subject?

To withdraw from a subject, students must complete an Add/Drop/Swap form and return to Student Services.

Cancellation fees may apply:

  • $100 per subject to withdraw in the month prior to the start date
  • $200 per subject to withdraw after the start date and before census date
  • Fees must be paid at the time of withdrawal in full, and cannot be placed onto FEE-HELP

How much online study can I do?

Depending on the course you’re studying, some professions have limitations on the amount of online study a student can complete to register. Professional associations vary as to the amount of online learning that they accept in a Bachelor degree. Their standards may change at any time and although Endeavour commits to keeping students informed of such changes, ultimately it is the student’s responsibility to keep abreast of these issues to ensure they meet the qualifications.

Is my subject available for online study?

Our Bachelor of Health Science qualifications offer some subjects via online learning. You can view the list of online subjects available for your Degree by viewing the course brochure.  Many subjects are offered in multiple intakes over the year. To see when subjects are offered, please view the online schedule of subjects.

Can I change the delivery mode of a subject- to online or on campus?

Students may swap to a different intake or subject of the same credit value once prior to the census date. 

Swaps must be within the same calendar year (January to December). A subject cannot be swapped twice. Cancellation fees will be payable for swapping a second time, or outside of the calendar year.

Teaching periods, relevant to Austudy/Abstudy/Youth Allowance applications are as follows:

Teaching Period 1- January to June
Teaching Period 2- July to December

How do I choose my next subjects to enrol in?

Course Structures are available on the Endeavour website under Natural Medicine Courses in the Course Brochure specific to your degree. These contain all subjects that you must complete successfully to obtain your degree and other important information including availability of subjects on campus and online, credit point value, weekly contact hours, and pre-requisites.

For help choosing your next subjects or to develop an appropriate study plan for your enrolment, contact Student Services on campus or request assistance through your Student Portal using the Assistance & Feedback function.

How do I enrol into a subject?

You may enrol in subjects on your Student Portal under Manage Enrolments.

Alternatively, you may complete an Add/Drop/Swap form available on your Student Portal under Resources & Links or at Student Services on campus. Return this form on campus or via email to Student Services

This page was last updated on Wednesday 14 September 2016.