All Industry Jobs
Rare Chinese medicine student mentoring opportunity in established acupuncture practice in Moonee Ponds, Melbourne. We are currently accepting applications for a student mentorship program in a busy acupuncture practice in late 2019.
About the practice: Qi Medicine has been in operation since 2006 and has grown into a thriving five-room, multi-disciplinary practice offering a range of services. Our senior therapist Dr. Sheena Vaughan is seeking a passionate and committed student of Chinese Medicine to join the team and work closely alongside her.
This opportunity will present a range of benefits for the right candidate. Hands-on experience in all aspects of running a busy clinical practice, treating a range of health disorders with acupuncture and TCM, and gaining the skills needed to build a successful career.
The right candidate will enjoy the benefits of:
• Gain In-depth knowledge on how to work with fertility, IVF, pregnancy and women’s health issues.
• Gain speciality knowledge in the niche field of cosmetic acupuncture which is not taught in schools.
• Get hands-on practical experience in effectively treating common issues (i.e. lower back and shoulder pain, stress, sleeping problems)
• Gain insight into the uses and practical prescription of herbal medicines (non-raw dispensary)
• Work alongside experienced health therapists and rapidly build confidence and clinical skills.
• Build and refine skills of effective patient communication.
• Discuss new, interesting and challenging cases one-to-one with an experienced health practitioner.
• Learn how to run a successful business and how to build a thriving career in Chinese medicine
• Be a valuable member of a close-knit team with opportunities to move on to a full employment position.
Please only apply if:
• You enjoy working on a schedule in a structured environment
• Have reliable transport and live no more than 30 minutes from Moonee Ponds
• You have a passion for working with people, going above and beyond to help them achieve optimum health and well being.
• You are passionate about your career in acupuncture and have a keen interest in working with fertility, IVF, pregnancy and women's health.
• Are willing to give 110% to your role, performing duties in all aspects of business and clinical work.
• Be available at least two full days per week, on a Wednesday and Saturday.
If you are interested, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Your resume and CV
• A written cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role and outlining:
- Your three strengths which would make you suitable for this role
- Three areas you would like to grow in and develop in your Chinese medicine career
- What excites you about this opportunity
Successful candidates will be contacted by phone for a follow-up interview.